We are a car garage in Cranbrook providing reliable MOTs to the highest standard. We also offer car servicing and much more. Get in touch to book your MOT in today!
Cranbrook Cars provide you with a comprehensive MOT test which determines how accurately your vehicle meets the current safety and environmental standards which are required by law. You do not need an MOT test if your car is less than three years old. A car older than three years requires an MOT every 12 months.
An MOT certificate does not satisfy the need for regular maintenance checks to your vehicle and does not mean that it is going to be roadworthy for the length of the certificate. Your MOT can be renewed up to 28 days before its due date. You will not lose any days for which your certificate is valid.
We check the condition of the following:
- Brakes – operation and effectiveness
- Chassis number – identification number should be legible and on permanent display
- Doors – open and close from inside and outside the vehicle
- Exhaust emissions – conform to current standards
- Exhaust system – condition and security
- Fuel system – check for leaks and that the cap fastens and is secure
- Horn – operation and type
- Lights – aim, colour, operation & security
- Mirrors – presence, security & condition
- Registration plate – condition, security, format of characters and legibility
- Seat belts – type, condition, security & operation
- Seats – secure in the upright position
- Steering & suspension – condition & operation
- Vehicle structure – check for signs of corrosion, damage & sharp edges
- Wheels & tyres – Condition, security, size, type & tyre tread
- Windscreen – check for chips and cracks
- Wipers & washers – effective operation
You can check the condition of certain items easily yourself i.e. windscreen wipers, lights and your horn
If you leave your car with us to complete any repairs required as a result of the MOT test, your retest is usually free.
If your repairs are carried out by another garage, or you fix them yourself, you will require a partial retest at our garage.
What do you need to bring?
It is not vital that you bring anything other than your car for the MOT. We will be able to check the previous certificate using the government's VOSA system on the computer.
It would be useful for you to check your oil levels prior to the test.
Here at Cranbrook Cars, we’re pleased to offer both commercial and private clients the following services: